RDN Lisa Perry shares a simple, healthful summer salad recipe. Follow her on Facebook.
Summer is in full swing, and my garden is providing a
bountiful crop of tomatoes and cucumbers. If you don’t have a veggie garden,
this is a great time of year to explore your local farmer’s market. This is a
simple salad to showcase some of that beautiful summer produce.
Summer corn & avocado salad
- 2 ears sweet corn, grilled, roasted, or steamed
- 1.5 c small tomatoes (grape, cherry, pear), cut in half
- 1/4 c thinly sliced red onion (or sweet)
- 1 c cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ t cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste (substitute cayenne pepper for a spicy kick!)
Stand corn on end to cut kernels from cob. Toss ingredients together in bowl. Makes about 4 servings. (Don’t have access to a grill? Simply thaw frozen corn and toss it in!)