Do you gain an extra 5 pounds during the holiday season?
You’re not alone. From Halloween through New Years Day, there are parties
galore and an over-abundance of indulgent foods available. Combine those excess
calories with a decrease in physical activity due to the cold weather, and it’s
easy to see how that extra weight creeps up on you.
Here are a few tips to help reduce the chance of gaining
those extra pounds.
- Be realistic – aim to maintain weight. Enjoy the
holidays without trying to lose weight.
- Maintain a regular schedule.
Continuing your physical activity will combat holiday stress and weight gain.
- Don’t skip meals the day of a party. Starving
before can lead to binging later.
- Choose foods you don’t eat daily. Indulge in a
few treats, but keep portion control in mind. A small taste may satisfy a
- Move the conversation away from the food area.
You’ll be less tempted to grab random bites of food throughout the party.
- Alcohol is high in calories and lowers
inhibitions, which may lead to over-indulging. Try replacing or alternating alcoholic beverages with
Enjoy the holiday season!